Sunday, October 14, 2007

Assignment 5, 3 Articles

Here are my 3 articles dealing with new media in Online Learning for this assignment:




ARTICLE 1

Haythornthwaite, C. (2006). Facilitating collaboration in online learning. Journal of Asynchronous Learning Networks, 7-24.


http://www.sloan-c.org/publications/jaln/v10n1/pdf/v10n1_2haythornthwaite.pdf


This article discusses more of the theory behind using media in online learning environments.




ARTICLE 2


Downes, S. (2004). Educational blogging. EDUCAUSE Review, 39(5), 14-26.


http://www.educause.edu/ir/library/pdf/erm0450.pdf


This article discusses the advantages of using blogging in a distance education course.






ARTICLE 3


Weller, M., Pegler, C., Mason, R. (2005). Use of innovative technologies on an e-learning course. The Internet and Higher Education, 8(1), 61-71.


http://www.sciencedirect.com.libproxy.lib.csusb.edu/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6W4X-4FPDRGW-1&_user=521812&_coverDate=03%2F31%2F2005&_rdoc=1&_fmt=&_orig=search&_sort=d&view=c&_acct=C000059573&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=521812&md5=e361de76ecc9d15806b44a23909fe4dc#


This article deals with what has been studied and what has not been studied related to educational blogging.



James

8 comments:

MsKathyK said...

Thank you so much for your assistance with the APA. I think that will drive me insane. I am continually amazed by your ability to always match your research to what you teach. I appreciate the quality you put into your work and again the assistance you give to others.
Kathy

Darlene Pitman said...

Thanks for the advice on the formatting. When I post to the blog, it doesn't keep my original formatting and I forgot to double check. Also its my first time using APA citations. Come to think of it, I don't remember ever using citations. That either means I have nothing but original ideas, or I plagiarize a lot. Yours looks good, as usual.

gordonthevet said...

http://citationmachine.net/?g=6

You may have this or a similar program. If not, this page does it all for you FREE!!!!! Free is a good thing, and it is very easy to use. I agree with mskathyk - you do terrific work and often refer to your site first before beginning my assignments to set the bar. By the way... did you work at seaworld?

Maria C. Pallares said...

I need your help. I can't find the url for my articles. I've used the one on the top of the page, but when I click to it, something else comes out. I'm sick of these!

Unknown said...

It is a lot of work finding the articles, no matter where you look for them. And the APA citation can be troublesome, too. I saw citation machine posted on here somewhere, that's a great one, I also like DocAPA, from the U of Wisc. Check it out at:

http://www.wisc.edu/writing/Handbook/DocAPA.html

Michele said...

I always enjoy reading your blogs. You do a great job incorporating your research to your daily teaching.

Bruce Rhodewalt said...

James et al.,

I'd be interested to know how long this assignment took. I spent a lot of time trying to decide what "course topic" meant. Sounds simple, doesn't it.

I don't have a problem with the APA style (unless Dr. Newberry reads my citations and tells me I've got it all wrong), but I don't think I'd trust an APA-izer to get it 100% right. If you do that, you're checking the results against some reliable source too, right?

What reliable sources are you all using, by the way?

Joseph Ochoa said...

I found these three articles to be very informative and beneficial while completing my literature review. Thanks!